Terms And Conditions
Terms And Conditions
Section I. General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions is to stipulate the conditions, procedures, and other requirements for the use of the website provided by RESEARCHERS POSITION IN KOREA(“RPIK“; rpik.or.kr).
Article 2 (Effects and Modifications of Terms and Conditions)
1. RPIK will provide services to Users on the condition that the User agrees to these Terms and Conditions. If the User agrees to these Terms and Conditions, they shall apply first in relation to the provision of services by RPIK.
2. RPIK may modify these Terms and Conditions when any reasonable grounds arise, in which case, it shall immediately notify Users through the “Notices” section of its website.
3. Users who do not agree to the modified Terms may, at any time, discontinue use of the Service and terminate the User Agreement. If the User does not express his or her refusal of the Service, or continues to use the Service after modification of the Terms and Conditions, the User shall be deemed to have agreed to the modified terms.
Article 3 (Other Rules)
Any matters not specified herein shall be governed by applicable laws if those matters are specified therein, or otherwise, by general practices.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall be defined as follows:
1. User: Persons who subscribe to the Service;
2. User ID: A combination of letters and numbers set by the User when entering into the User Agreement, for the purposes of identification of the User and the User’s use of the Service;
3. Password: A combination of letters or numbers set by the User to protect his or her account;
4. User Agreement: The agreement entered into by and between RPIK and Users through these Terms and Conditions for Users to use the Service;
5. Personal Member: Members who use or intend to use the Service provided by RPIK and are recognized by RPIK as members, subject to the setting of an ID and password and completion of the email authentication process;
6. Lab Member: Domestic Lab members who use or intend to use the Service provided by RPIK and are recognized by RPIK and interconnected, subject to the setting of an ID and password and the lab manager’s email authentication process.
Section II. Membership and Service Use Agreement
Article 5 (Management)
The Service provided by RPIK shall be available for members only, and therefore only those registered as members through official procedures may use the Service.
Article 6 (Member Qualification)
The persons who may join as members and eligible to use the Service shall be those who have interest in research areas and are officially registered as members.
Article 7 (Validity of User Agreement)
1. The User Agreement shall become valid upon acceptance of the Service’s Terms and Conditions in response to the User’s application for use of the Service.
2. Those who wish to use the Service shall inspect the Terms and Conditions and file an application by filling out a membership application form. In the event of an online application, clicking “Agree” or “OK” shall have the same effect as a signature.
3. A User Agreement shall be entered into for each user ID, and the minimum unit shall be one user ID.
4. A separate agreement shall be entered into for special use of the Service, such as mass use of the Service.
Article 8 (Modification of Terms)
Users who intend to modify the following information may do so by accessing the Service and using the functions therein:
1. Personal biography;
3. Other information as acknowledged by RPIK.
Section III. Use of the Service
Article 9 (Available Hours)
The Service shall be in principle available 24 hours a day throughout the year, barring any impediment to the business or technology aspects of RPIK. However, the foregoing shall not apply where regular inspections are required, or some other period extraordinarily determined due to the circumstances of the NRF.
Article 10 (User ID)
① Users shall take all responsibility for managing their User ID and Password.
② Users may not share, assign to a third party, or change their User ID.
③ Users shall be liable for any negligence in the use of the Service or unauthorized use by a third party user arising from the User ID assigned to them.
④ The User shall ensure that access to the RPIK is terminated completely at the end of each use, and that RPIK shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from a third party’s use of information by not terminating access correctly.
Article 11 (Restriction of Service and Termination of the User Agreement)
① Users who intend to terminate the service use agreement shall file an online application for termination.
② RPIK may, without any prior notice, terminate the User Agreement or suspend provision of the Service, entirely or partially, if any User is found to have:
1. Used another person’s User ID;
2. Interfered with the stable management of the Service by transmitting a large amount of information;
3. Transmitted advertisement information or emails against the will of the recipients;
4. Distributed computer virus programs that cause the malfunctioning of IT facilities or destruction of information;
5. Become subject to a request on restriction of use from the Information Communications Ethics Committee;
6. Engaged in an illegal election campaign according to the authoritative interpretation of the National Election Commission;
7. Used any information obtained from the Service for commercial purposes without the consent of RPIK;
8. Committed an act otherwise deemed inappropriate by RPIK.
③ Cases where the Service is restricted for Users pursuant to the previous paragraph, and the detailed criteria for the type and period of restriction, shall be determined separately through notices or service guidelines.
Article 12 (Deletion of User’s Posts and Restriction of Service)
① RPIK may, if necessary, remove any posts uploaded or registered by Users if it deems that the capacity for the Service facilities is not sufficient.
② If the capacity for the Service facilities is not sufficient, RPIK may partially restrict the use of the Service by Users.
③ In cases falling under paragraphs 1 and 2 above, such fact shall be announced online in advance.
④ RPIK may, without prior notice to Users, delete any posts uploaded or registered by Users within the Service, if:
1. Any information obtained from the Service is reproduced for any purpose other than use by the Users, used for publication or broadcasting purposes, or provided to a third party without prior consent of RPIK;
2. Any post derogates another User or a third party, or causes injury to a person’s honor through defamation;
3. Any information, writing, or form that goes against public order and traditional custom is distributed;
4. Any post is deemed to be involved with any anti-national, anti-social, or criminal act;
5. Any post infringes on copyright or another right of another User or a third party;
6. The prescribed period for publication is exceeded;
7. Any user repetitively registers a post with the same content on five or more occasions due to a lack of skill in operation of the Service, or for advertisement purposes;
8. Any post is otherwise deemed in violation of applicable laws.
Article 13 (Suspension or Restriction of Service)
① RPIK may suspend the Service if:
1. It is inevitable due to repair or construction of the Service facilities;
2. The telecommunications service is suspended by any key telecommunications service operator under the Telecommunications Business Act.
② RPIK may suspend or restrict the Service in the event of impediment to the use of the Service due to national emergency, failure of the Service facilities, or explosion in use of the Service.
Article 14 (Obligations of LINKO CENTER)
① RPIK shall endeavor to maintain the Service facilities to be suitable for the continuous and stable provision of the Service, and repair or recover any Service facilities that experience failure or cannot be used.
② RPIK shall announce any modification of the Service or addition thereto online through the Service website.
Article 15 (Protection of Personal Information)
① RPIK shall protect any personal information of users provided under applicable laws, including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc. and any personal information generated from the use of the Service.
② RPIK shall not provide personal information to a third party without the relevant User’s consent, unless:
1. It is required to provide personal information, including name and address, to a national investigative agency to cooperate with an investigation in response to a written request by the investigative agency for investigative purposes;
2. To do so is otherwise required under applicable laws, including the Credit Information Use and Protection Act and telecommunications-related laws;
3. It is providing personal information in a form wherein a specific individual cannot be identified, if necessary for statistics, academic research, or market surveys.
③ Users may, at any time, inspect their own personal information and modify errors on their own. Inspection and modification shall in principle follow the same manner as application for use, and the specific instructions shall be as prescribed by notices and instructions for use.
④ Users may, at any time, withdraw their agreement to the collection and use of personal information, separate consent to use for unintended purposes, and separate consent to provision to a third party by terminating the User Agreement, and the method of termination shall be as prescribed separately herein.
Article 16 (Obligations of Users)
① Users shall not engage in the following acts when they use the Service:
1. Improperly using another User’s User ID;
2. Reproducing any information obtained from the Service for any purpose other than use by the User, using the same for publication and broadcasting purposes, or providing the same to a third party without the prior consent of RPIK;
3. Derogating another User or a third party, or causing injury to a person’s honor through defamation;
4. Distributing to others any information, sentence, or form that goes against public order and traditional custom;
5. Engaging in acts deemed to be involved with anti-national, anti-social, or criminal acts;
6. Infringing upon copyright or another right of another User or third party;
7. Engaging in any other acts in violation of applicable laws.
② Users shall comply with these Terms and Conditions and service instructions, as well as other matters to be observed.
③ The devices installed by Users shall conform to the standards determined by the Rules on Technical Standards for Telecommunication Facilities and shall not cause an impediment to the Service.
Section IV. Service Fees
Article 17 (Fees)
The Service shall be made available for free. If RPIK begins to charge any service fees based on its policies, it shall publish such fact online through the Service website.
Section V. Copyrights
Article 18 (Rights to Posts)
The rights to the posts uploaded to the Service shall be as follows:
1. The rights and responsibilities to the posts shall be assumed by the post uploaders, and RPIK may not use the posts for for-profit purposes without the uploader’s consent. However, for non-profit purposes, it may use the same without the uploader’s consent and shall have the right to publish the same within the Service.
2. Without the uploader’s prior consent, no User may use any posts uploaded to the Service for commercial purposes, such as processing and selling information obtained from the Service.
Section VI. Raising Objections and Claiming Damages
Article 19 (Raising Objections)
Users may NOT raise any objection or complaint during the period of free use with respect to any issue arising from the Service provided by RPIK.
Article 20 (Claiming Damages)
In regards to the free service provided by RPIK, RPIK and its affiliated institutions shall not be liable for any damages arising from the use of the services, except for intentional criminal acts.
Article 21 (Indemnity)
① In accordance with Article 13, RPIK and its affiliated institutions shall not be held liable for any damages caused by suspension of the Service.
② RPIK has no obligation to represent any opinions or information expressed in use of the Service, nor does it approve, object to, or modify the opinions of Users or third parties. In no event will RPIK be liable for any gains or losses incurred in reliance on the information contained in the Services.
③ RPIK shall not be held liable in connection with goods or monetary transactions through the medium of the Service between Users, or between Users and third parties, nor shall it be held liable for any benefits expected by Users with relation to the use of the Service.
1. (Enforcement Date) These Terms and Conditions shall enter into effect on February 17, 2020.